Are you passionate about your creative side and love working with other creatives?
Reed is a positive, creative arena for expression of creativity – yours and those who we provide services for. We encourage our staff to explore their creative side and imagine greater things. We are artists working for artists, and there is something magical about working with, and for like-minded people. A fantastic synergy ignites when creatives come together to complete a project in a way that maximizes the viewing experience and satisfies the artist’s vision. For some, it’s a high like no other.
Dedicated to maximized quality standards for decades, Reed continues as an internationally recognized resource for the professional creative and their audience. We bring to the table our passion, experience, advanced knowledge and unsurpassed skills. If you would like to be an important part of this amazing organization, reach out with your résumé to the address below the opportunity.
What you will need to win at Reed:
You’ve gotta love artists. No, really—you must love artists! If you don’t, then you’re not going to be happy in our inspiring and creative work environment. But, if you love the idea of helping artists bring to life their unique creative expression, and you value the satisfaction of a job well-done, then come on over and join our team of artists working for artists.
Shipping and Receiving Specialist
We’re not looking for your average shipping clerk; we’re looking for that rare individual that embodies initiative, high-energy, positivity, and an outside-the-box approach to the job. Here’s the deal: Smart, hard-working, competent people are kind of hard to find. But we’re eternal optimists and we think they’re out there. If you are that, plus you have shipping experience, then we might be your next employer. We have a part-time opening in the shipping department at our fine art production facility. If you’ve got the skills and you play well with others, we invite you to apply to be our Shipping/Receiving Specialist.
Primarily what you’ll be doing:
- Establish priorities and set workflow according to daily shipping deadlines
- Prep and package fine art products for shipment, including creating custom boxes
- Schedule shipments via local courier services, USPS, FedEx, FedEx Freight, independent freight company (including international shipments)
- Generate bills of lading, packing lists, online forms and necessary shipping reports
- Respectfully handle valuable artwork and large crates
- Generate shipping quotes for in-house sales reps
- Receive shipments of artwork and production materials
- Monitor inventory and materials supply
- Maintain a safe, organized and clean work space
Duties you may also be asked to do:
- Assist with loading/unloading trucks
- Assist with packing art in custom shipping crates
- Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound!…or at least lift heavy boxes & materials (50+ lbs.) and be on your feet most of the day
- Detail-oriented, focused, organized, and can multitask like a pro
- Responsibly self-manage and stay on-task with limited supervision
- Interact courteously and tactfully with managers and co-workers
- Speak, read and write English
- Basic math skills
- Steady, consistent work history
Extra credit if you have:
- Wood shop experience
- Industrial shrink-wrapper
NO PHONE CALLS. Please send your resume and cover letter via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Reed Art & Imaging – Denver, CO
Reed Art & Imaging is a professional fine art reproduction studio. We produce fine art prints for artists’ worldwide, corporate graphics such as trade show displays, banners and display prints, museum / visitor center displays, and various fine art related services and fulfillment. Reed Art & Imaging is a family owned business located in central Denver since 1979.
Be an individual with a positive attitude, confidence, and comfortable in conversation. You are an effective communicator, and personable. Change doesn’t scare you. You’re able to thrive in an atmosphere that has changing demands and priorities. You understand that success requires holding your contacts and fellow employees in high regard, working in a co-creative and co-operative manner. You jump at the opportunity to meet and talk with customers and prospects.
Does this sound like you and are you able to travel locally to client sites when necessary, attend networking events, and give plant tours to prospective clients? If so we would like to talk with you about our available opportunity to have a hand in shaping our positive future.
The successful rep for Reed embraces the idea that their success comes from helping their clients succeed.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Identify and qualify business opportunities which are compatible with Reed Art & Imaging strategies and capabilities.
- Research new business opportunities through various social networking channels.
- You’re not afraid to hunt and prospect for business.
- Able to close and convert potential leads into customers. Maintain relationships with current customers.
- Develop new business and manage the sales cycle from start to finish.
- Maintain an active schedule of face-to-face appointments.
- Acquire the essential knowledge critical to properly supporting the best interests of prospects via Reed Art & Imaging products and services.
- Able to correspond, meet with potential customers, and have professional presentation ability.
- Trustworthy self-starter, that can self-manage and work with limited supervision.
- Maintain long-term consultative relationship with clients for repeat business.
- Be resourceful & take responsibility for controlling your own success in our business growth.
- Detail oriented and able to gain understanding of the quoting process.
- Simultaneously manage multiple projects with tight time frames.
Education / Experience / Requirements:
- Experience in, or knowledge of fine art reproduction, photography, digital printing, and graphic arts is a plus.
- A degree is preferred but not mandatory for the right candidate.
- Steady consistent work history.
- 2-5 years of previous sales experience is preferred.
- You’re a quick learner and able to adapt to changing demands.
- You’re proficient in general office programs and able to use a computer.
- You have Reliable transportation. Other duties can be assigned by manager.
Benefits may include:
- Base salary plus commission
- Expense allowance
- Health / Dental / Aflac Insurance
- Sick Time
- 401K program
- Employee discount
- Complete training on all products and services
Send sales representative / consultant résumés in pdf format to email@example.com
Reed Art & Imaging is a professional fine art reproduction studio located in Denver, Colorado. We produce fine art prints for artists and photographers all over the world. We also create corporate graphics such as trade show displays, banners, display prints, museum/visitor center displays, and other fine art related fulfillment. Reed Art and Imaging was established in 1979 and has remained family-owned and operated ever since.
Don’t see a job opening you were hoping for? We are always interested in hearing from intelligent, creative and quality-centric creative individuals. Feel free to send us your résumé:
c/o Reed Art and Imaging
8000 West Colfax Ave.
Lakewood, Colorado 80214